Facts About the Gold Beach Oregon Area
- Miles of pristine beaches with the most accesses along the Oregon Wild Rivers Coast yet we're uncrowded.
- Curry County makes up 25% or Oregon's Coast with the highest density of Oregon State Park beaches.
- Gold Beach has excellent and immediate access to the Rogue River.
- The Rogue River offers outstanding Salmon and Steelhead, Trout and Sturgeon fishing
- The Rogue Reef has some of the best bottom fishing on the North American Pacific Coast and is home to the second largest Stellar Sea Lion rookery south of Alaska.
- Gold Beach offers several golf courses, ranging from world-class to a friendly, local nine-hole, are all located within a one hour drive: Bandon Dunes, Salmon Run, Cedar Bend, Del Norte.
- The Siskiyou National Forest is our backyard, touted as the most biologically diverse, intact forest in the contiguous states hosting 2 ½ times the average number of plant species than other national forests.
- Curry County is 1,648 square miles, more than half of which in National Forest.
- Five federally protected Wild and Scenic Rivers are located within 100 miles of Gold Beach: Elk, Rogue, Chetco, Smith and Klamath.
- Oregon Islands National Wildlife Sanctuary encompasses all the islands and sea stacks off our coastline.
- Curry County provides habitat for more than 250 bird species and is home for theKalmiopsis Audubon Society.
Please feel free to search the featured listings in Gold Beach page and the local Curry County MLS listings for a full list of homes for sale in the Gold Beach area. If you have any questions about the information you see here call Karl anytime.